Wednesday, November 10, 2010

staying warm and hip to the groove

my fav

if you know one thing about me it's that i really like being warm. i cannot stand being cold. i don't like freezing my heebie geebies off : )

enter hip to the groove solution: Cardiff Cowl (Pattern #: 90268AD)

A sweet friend of mine recently came over for crochet time and I had printed off a few projects (scarfs mostly) and I came across this pretty cowl that made me really warm and fuzzy just thinking about it. And when i get all warm and fuzzy about something, i go with it. :)

I already had a ball of grey yarn ( Vanna's choice worsted weight 4 yarn) on hand and luckily it really only needed one skein. Even better i say :) I totally get all bummed when i am working along a project and i run out of yarn. tis not cool.

i'm pretty sure

ahh.. nothing like a photo shoot first thing in the morning :) i totally brushed my teeth and everything..special* lol

i have spotted these cowl's pretty much everywhere ( they look pretty cool yes?) and thankfully, when you make something yourself and save a few bucks it's the best feeling! i can see a few of these making there way into some gifts this year for pretty friends :)

i'm off to help my sister and her class of first graders...oh joy. hahaa!

Thanks for sharing in some crochet love with me

happy wednesday lovelies!


curlyqmosaics said...

What beautiful picture of you! I wish I looked that good first thing in the morning! BTW, great job on your cowl. Very cute for the colder months!

Lindsay Jewell said...

It's a very beautiful cowl. I think I'll have to make one myself. :)

rach said...


rachel said...


Gina said...

beautiful! I would love to learn how!

Denise said...

You are killing me Debee but in a pretty soft way for sure. Okay, this will be a cold winter and I am going to learn how to crochet! those baby booties are the prettiest thing I have seen in a long time!

Love Gloria and Carrie said...

this is sooooo lovely!!! you are going to look awesome this winter!

<3 Carrie

Marie Kristl Flid said...

Debee, you're so lovely and pretty! and what a cozy cowl - love it! i'm learning to crochet myself, though i still can't do it good, but looking at such pictures - i really want to make such thing myself :) thank you for sharing)

melissa deakin said...

this is so beautiful.
i just love it.
(if you want to make another...i'll buy it...i'm totally serious!)
i love cowls/turtlenecks, but i don't know how to knit.

Bekka said...

So beautiful! I'm happy the weather is getting cooler so I can wear things like this.

Irini said...

The cowl is gorgeous Debbie!
Why dont you make a video showing us how to make it and post it to you tube...just saying ;-)