Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Spring Vibes


March is almost over and I'm so embarrassed that I'm barely posting this lol! But I do hope March has been good to you. I've been spending lots of time in my garden and all the rain has done it some good.  Playing with a few of my propagating babies and loving all the pretty succulent florals.


I never thought I'd be a gardener.  Now I can't think of not being one or not having a garden. Love it!


Love love all the amazing succulent varieties. The photo here is right in front one of my favorite coffee shops in North Park, Communal Coffee. They have amazing succulents throughout the shop and this is a fav. 


And you know what else is a favorite around this time of year? Girl Scout cookies! The Samoas are my favorite. I had spotted a few girls selling in our neighborhood but we must've missed it them, so I thought. I had a craving for them! So I made some. Totally took way too long but boy were they so good! As I was putting the finishing touch on the cookies I was drizzling  the chocolate and guess who came knocking at the door? Yes. Girl Scouts! And of course we bought a few extra boxes and were so happy to do so. I gave a few of these guys away and enjoyed the rest. (Heart stickers in the shop).



So baking adventures and library adventures with my boo. Can you believe he's going to be a kindergartener this year? Take your time growing up kiddo!



I had a little bit of fun with this treat for s few of my succulent loving friends.  They were giving a class on how to make a terrarium. I thought hey, that would be fun to make! I loved painting these and adding all the little succulents to each one. Somehow it doesn't seem like work :)  I've been hoping to get a food permit and sell these beauties someday. Hopefully this year XO


Here we are running errands...He says, hey mama! And I look up and see him do this. XOXO Also, how did he grow up SO fast? He outgrew his baby car seat and now he's in a big boy seat. *Cries*


My niece "E" had a birthday and she loves everything Paris so I made a few pink + black & white floral sugar cookies. They came out so lovely I think. I used some doilies + Birthday Love stamp and tags from the shop.  


I also live vicariously through all my girl mom friends...her daughter was having a tea party and I donated a few tea cups and made a few cookies.  I made a few tea cup cookies and watercolored florals on them. Still working on drawing on them but I liked the way they came out.  Aren't those vintage crochet  pot holders, napkins and doilies so pretty? I've had those in my collection for years and still love them.


Then my cousin had a tea party and she asked me to make these cookie cakes for her.  It was my first time making flowers our of royal icing and fondant so that was quite a learning experience. lol! But you know what, practice makes perfect and I haven't given up practicing :)


And lastly, I've been cleaning the studio and shop storage area and I'm happy to share that I'm selling a few items via Instagram @inspirelovelygoods if you'd like to buy something you like. It's been a month of clearing the shop shelves and making room for new things. I made a few confetti cards inspired by spring + mason jars and happy mail now in the shop. Hope Spring brings you an abundance of love and sunshine XOXO

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi... love ya ;)