Monday, March 8, 2010

hold her love

*hold her love**

Today my heart is heavy for the king family.
I needed to get this out. To feel it out and pour it onto paper. And this is my little note to Chelsea King and victims like her.

It breaks my heart thinking of how young she was. How much she had to look forward too.
I just don't understand how a life could be taken just for sex. For a moment. For a feeling. It's so sinful. It makes me sick. And that we all fit the profile. You don't have to dress seductive, you don't have to go to a dark alley you just have to be at the wrong place at the wrong time. I cannot imagine the hurt the family is going through. It just hurts me knowing they will serve a harsher and longer sentence than the actual rapist and murderer. The King Family will now serve a life sentence without their beautiful sweet girl. Knowing she was taken away from them and she died suffering. Died living her last moments in a horrific nightmare.

My focus is of hope. That she is far away from pain & fear. That she is held in a loving memory safely tucked away in a heart full of love for her.

Dear God, please hold her.
love,
d

6 comments:

Unknown said...

There's so much garbage out in this world. I'm grieving today for friends of ours whose 3 year old daughter is days away from her death after a 2 year battle with cancer. My heart hurts so much for them, with all my 'normal life' things, I hate that everything they're doing right now are their 'lasts', and that then, in a few days, they'll have to start over with painful 'firsts'. It's terrible, but you're right. We have to focus on the hope that's set before us, knowing that we'll prbably never understand why these things happen, but knowing that God's still in control. It sucks, though.

Diane B. said...

very well said. my thoughts completely. things like this make it hard to make sense of the world. my heart goes out to her family...

amy said...

so agree with you....
it is truly so sad that we now have to worry about 18 year olds instead of just young kids at the park.

dani said...

I hadn't heard about this until now. Hurts my heart big time.

As a victim of sexual abuse, the system is certainly very broken and very wrong.

People should not have the power to do whatever they want with another person. With their life, emotions, heart, mind, body.
So sad.

Melissa Mann said...

very well said. so very, very sad...

Bekka said...

It's so sick and senseless. I can't imagine what the family is going through...how someone could take someone away like that...