This past Valentine's day I dolled up these little kraft boxes with some yummy treats.
i thought I would share the cookies I made to fill these boxes with love :)
Two huge cookies were tucked inside
The Recipe is originally from Real Simple
White Chocolate Snowballs
Hands-On Time: 25m
Total Time: 1hr 00m
2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup packed dark brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons corn syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large egg
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
1 7-ounce bag sweetened flaked coconut
12 ounces white chocolate (chopped or chips)
1. Heat oven to 375° F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
2. With an electric mixer on medium-high, beat the butter, brown and granulated sugars, corn syrup, and vanilla for 3 minutes. Add the egg and beat until combined. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and baking soda. Reduce mixer speed to low and slowly add the flour mixture to the egg mixture.
3. Form the dough into teaspoon-size balls. Spread the coconut on a plate. Roll each ball in the coconut, pressing so it adheres. Place on prepared baking sheets. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes. Transfer the cookies to wire racks.
4. Meanwhile, in a heatproof bowl placed over, but not touching, simmering water, melt the chocolate. Turn half the cookies upside down and spread the flat sides with the white chocolate. Sandwich them with the remaining cookies.
* love detail *
I waited about 5 minutes for the cookies to cool then cut them out with a heart shaped cookie cutter.
i love baking
finishing up my flowers & jOy mini album
enjoying my day off
going window shopping at michael's (although i do have a coupon, hmmm..... ;P)
maybe hitting up starbucks for some passion tea lemonade
and packaging the flowers & joy kits to send to the post tomorrow
(thank you to everyone who purchased a kit! I had fun making them for you*smiles*)
and to finish off the day, a quick run on the treadmill and a sour worms candy snack right after (my favorite)
ps: I'm writing a post with answers to several questions many of you have left in the comments section recently. If you have a question about something i might be able to answer :P just leave your question in the comments section and i will be sure to include an answer to it in my post. Thanks!
* You can ask about pretty much anything *
have a marvelous monday!