Friday, April 18, 2008

d is for...



debee :)
drummer
designer
& delish d's that i love to cluster in my creative space
so delightful.

I woke up this morning and this little cluster made me smile.
I love my jars from IKEA. Except in the back of my mind I'm afraid they'll all break because of some earthquake. How weird is that? Being afraid of something like that?! I guess that's what you worry about when you live in southern california. or not.

My prisma color pencil sticks make me happy. I haven't used them in years. I sometimes wonder if i can draw anymore. Either way i'm more of a pencil artist rather than a coloring one, so for now i just love looking at them.

The pearl D I purchased for a dollar at Michael's a couple of weeks back.
the clip is from Kohls. I use that to keep the gatherings of papers together that I'm working on. it's empty right now because I'm on a creative break. it's good to unplug and rest :)

the big D is from work. We had them lazer cut into styrofoam for another project that included the letter d. I called dibs on it and now it's mine.

the little star is super heavy! goodness that little sucker is a weight. I bought that at my local thrift shoppe. Super cute.

And the little metal d inside the glass jar is where i keep my bobbins and thread. I purchased the d at a LSS in santa barbara last summer. and the little clay figure inside with wings is my only sculpture art piece i've ever done. I had the clay piece in my car hanging from my review mirror for ever. and now he just bums around inside the bobbin jar.

the little birdie figure sits on a nest i'm making for it. those strings are from all the sewing projects i've made so far. I can't wait to see it at the end of 100 projects. certainly putting a picture of it in the book i'll make on blurb.

what's making you happy today? I'd love to see a photo of things in your everyday that make you smile.
Hope you all have a delightful friday!
-d

1 comment:

Keka said...

House sitting and having some peace and quiet to scrap is making me happy right now!