Wednesday, April 9, 2008

it's been slow



but slow can be good.
And slow can also be super bad.
Especially when you HAVE A TO-DO LIST piling up.

On the other hand, I did finish 2 more layouts that I need to take pictures of and share. Both I'm adding into my (coffee style) book idea at the end of the year. :) It makes me smile and seriously makes me want to create more stuff. I'm usually not like that. I usually fall into a pit of despair when faced with unreasonable goals/expectations. But this one. Well, this one is different. I get all excited when I see the papers and my sewing machine waiting for me after I come home from work. Tried? Definitely. But lately I've been choosing to keep the creativity flowing. And for some reason, 100 didn't seem unreasonable and still doesn't. I'm on my way!

::: 78 :::: to go!

I hate throwing away paper. In fact, I sometimes really hate giving perfectly good paper away just because I don't think I'll ever use it. So I've been using more of it. I did some spring cleaning and found a whole bunch of half sheets so I decided instead of just giving them away, I'd use them. It felt SO GOOD! And this seems to be a theme right now for me, the paper strip thingy/style- but it will pass. I'm just happy to play and sew and play some more. I just noticed that theme :)



Go green people. Don't throw any of your scraps away k? LOL

I've got several challenges I want to get to.
Which ones are you doing?
Maybe we can play together :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! So fun to see a new layout you post. I can't wait to see them. I love your work, Debee. It's always so original, so you.

I keep my stash of scraps near by when I'm scrapping. I use them more and more these days. It's always amazing how much use I get out of the stash. Waste not, want not.

Keep rocking the house with your art.
Sandra
http://certifiedpaperfreak.typepad.com/merryheart2/

Tina said...

the strips are really cool. great idea. it also makes me sick to throw out paper so it gets piled up in a basket. this makes me want to go through it now and actually do something with it. I'll consider that a challenge. i'm also going to try kara's board book challenge. I've fallen into the mini book spell!

Anonymous said...

personally?
i'm doing the stalking D challenge.
yep.
;D

dani said...

I love that layout... it's probably the most beautiful thing I've ever seen - ever ever ever.

soooo many challenges I want to do, but I can only ever seem to get the bare minimum done!

danijohnston.typepad.com/dj